This month has been INCREDIBLE for my soul. My goal was to get outside everyday, no excuses. And I’ll be the first to say that sometimes that’s just hard… But holding myself accountable and sharing my goal with you all was what helped me stick to it!
Some days all I did was sit outside while working on my computer, and other days I got to go on real walks in the woods. Even though a few of my days still included technology with my outside time, it was 100% better than just sitting INside on my computer!! I have decided to allow myself grace and understanding. This month wasn’t about being perfect by any means. It was about exploring my interest in the outdoors and taking time to appreciate the world given to us. So, I’d say I accomplished just what I needed! – With room for improvement for next time 😉
So here we are – September 1st! Reflecting on my past month I can just say I am so grateful for the time I took to be outdoors. Not just because of the fresh air and peaceful sounds, but because I was taking time for MYSELF. Much needed time. So I put together a list of activities I was able to make time for this month. I’m definitely saving it for next year!
- Walks. LOTS. of walks.
- Camping – aka sleeping outside; aka I’m the ULTIMATE outdoorsman
- Attempt (and fail) to make a fire
- River Rafting
- Hike – Castlewood State Park
- Hike – Alley Springs (9/10. GORGEOUS hike, but soooo many spider webs!!)
- Explore Laumeier Sculpture Park
- HAMMOCKING – MY NEW FAV ACTIVITY
- Walk – Powder Valley Nature Reserve (definitely doing this one again)
- Read a REAL book in my hammock
- Paddle boarding
- Paddle boating
- Walk Creve Coeur Lake with the nanny kids
Watch for a new goal announcement, coming soon!
XOXO Carly J